It’s not a great secret but it’s a good base to use and can have all sorts of other things added. I like to put pasta in because it bulks it up but you have to remember to count that either as a healthy extra, a syn or leave it out if you want to use it on red days and not use it as any of the above. It’s not syn free but it makes so many portions the syns are negligible from the stock.
- Chicken / Vegetable stock (I put in about 4 cups = 2 stock cubes or a litre of a made up stock)
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Scrub the carrots and slice, peel the pumpkin and chop in to about 1/2 inch cubes. Then put them in with the stock. The enough water to cover the veg.
- Once the carrots and pumpkin are soft I blitz them (I have a hand blender I use) so that most of the veg is blended but leaving a few bits to chew on .
- Add a slug of Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Add the pasta at this stage if you want to …I don’t have an amount just some
- Once the pasta is almost cooked add the kale and cook until that is just cooked.
This is the base I use and to that I add different herbs or spices depending on what I want to do. I love it with Ras Al Hanut (Moroccan flavours) but it’s down to what you want to put with it and what your preferences is with herbs and spices…it’s nice too with Sweet chilli Sauce added….you just have to work out if you add something what the syn value is if any.