So this week I’ve carried on with the app (still loving that as it does help keep track and it hasn’t lost it’s appeal).
Weight loss again this week… 400g which equates to 1lb ..I’ll take that So the total so far is 4.4kgs or 10lbs.
This seems like a sensible weight loss and I’m eating more than I usually do so go figure ?!
My menu has been a bit unvaried but that’s OK because it’s served a purpose …I’ve been pretty uninspired with food this week but what I’ve had I’ve enjoyed.
I have had snacks through the day as well and I’ve discovered that I really enjoy peanut butter on celery.
The oopsie bread recipe is available all over the internet and it’s pretty much the same wherever you look for it.
- 2 eggs
- cream cheese
- ground psyllium husk powder
- baking powder
- Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you want, add the psyllium seed husk and baking powder (this makes the Oopsie more bread-like).
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a paper-lined baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 300° F (150° C) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.
I did add the psyllium husk and I think without it would have been more eggy and less bread like.
They were nice …very filling…not sure I would eat 2 next time they made a really filling lunch!